Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Still here!!

Although by the looks of things, we practically abandoned this blog, ALREADY!!

But we havent!

We have been SO busy lately, between hosting a Christmas party, and getting all the last minute shopping done. Good thing I like doing all that stuff, or Id be miserable right about now!

The party went pretty well, I think. Had tons of food and drink, lots of guests, tons of laughs. Ive come to realize, however, that our house just was not made for get togethers. The acoustics in this place make it super hard to hear people talk even when they are sitting right next to you. I thought our old house in NC was echo-ey! lol

The Master Sgt. board finally let out, which means we are a few steps closer to finding out where the USMC will be sending us in a few months. They had to see who was going to get promoted and moved on, before they knew where they would have a place to put Jay once he graduated. We have a top three list, which Im not gonna share right now because some people are slightly sensitive about where our "picks" are. But they are all looking good!

Kyleigh has been battling a cold that eventually moved into her chest...she went to the Dr. this week, and he heard congestion in all parts of her lungs, plus she has a slight ear infection. Thankfully she isnt ACTING sick, but she sounds horrible. She is on antibiotics and cough meds...I wish there was something she could take to loosen that stuff up and get it out, instead of just calming the cough and masking the symptoms.

Tomorrow and Friday are the girls Christmas parties! Kyleigh will be building and decorating "gingerbread" houses , and Kalyn will be doing the same and having a party tomorrow....why not Friday, Ill never know. Friday is everyones last day of school, until January 5th!!

I cannot believe Christmas is NEXT WEEK!!! Snow/Rain mix is forecasted for the 25th, although I bet it will be more rain and less snow. It would be really nice to look out the window on Christmas Day and see falling snow, though!!!

I hope being home more over the next few weeks, will allow me to keep this page updated more often!! I know I have some loyal readers, so I will do my best to add stuff everyday!!

1 comment:

Made2sing4Jesus said...

Hey There! I am so sorry she is feeling bad! Send her some Hugs from Us. Well I opened a blogspot so I could comment here...LOL You need to make me a site.Is it anything like myspace codes etc?