That Friday is FINALLY here?!
It's about time!
Last night kicked off our yearly Christmas movie marathon, beginning with a Christmas Story! I really ought to skip the movies that will show on TBS over and over again for 25 days. The others on the list are Home Alone, White Christmas, Meet Me in St. Louis (which actually isn't a Christmas movie, but it has a very Christmas-y scene where Judy Garland sings my all time fav. song "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas"), National Lampoons Christmas Vacation, It's a Wonderful Life, Charlie Brown Christmas, Miracle on 34th Street....to name a few :) Enough to keep us busy for a few weeks, at least.
Kyleigh's teacher was nice enough to inform me, less than a week before, that I am in charge of bringing a cooked turkey breast to their Tgiving Feast next week! I do not mind doing stuff like that, but I'd like a little bit more notice...especially since they are selling out in the stores pretty quickly.
Anyway! I was looking through some stuff on the internet today, and happened upon the video I made for Jarod's 1st birthday....every time I watch it, I go right back to March 2007 and the first, difficult month of his life... For those that are visiting and do not know his story, Jarod was diagnosed with Persistent Pulmonary Hypertension in a Newborn (PPHN), Sepsis, and Pneumonia. The doctors never gave a firm decision on what they believe made him so critically ill, but the best guess they had was exposure to Group B Strep. He became SO sick, and after exhausting every medical measure they could come up with, Jarod was placed on ECMO at Duke University Medical Center in Durham, NC. ECMO is basically a heart/lung bypass machine, that essentially takes over the breathing and oxygenation of blood, so that the baby or child's body can rest, and heal. Many babies are on ECMO therapy for long periods of time, up to a month or even more. For us, it was the last step that could be taken to save Jarod, and after 6 days on, he was done! He is proof that miracles still do happen!
So here is the video-- I will be making a new one in March when he turns 2!
Too Good To Go Baked Goods
3 months ago



1 comment:
I love watching Christmas movies!
I've been the room mom for many a feast! I took this year off!
I cried with joy for you guys when I watched the video. Can't wait for the next one!
Post a Comment