For the Holidays!
I really can not stand Halloween, and am SO glad to get past it...then Tgiving rolls around, and it's like "GAME ON" around here!
This year we are hanging around VA Beach, instead of traveling, north or south. It's always nice to see family, but it's kind of a "hassle" (ok, I hate to use that word, but it really kind of is), to get up to PA in 8.5 hours, with all the kids in the car, and an even bigger job to get to Texas. TX has been out of the question for a few years now, and believe me, it does not make me happy.
So we will be doing our own thing this time- gonna make food, watch the parades, watch our Boys WIN, and then the best part: We put up the Christmas tree! Yeah, I know...I should wait, but I aint gonna! I will, however, wait to put up the lights outside and mail the cards on/around December 1st (which is only a few days later hahah)
Here is the latest on our family happenings:
Jay is doing great in school! He still has no idea where they are going to send us next, and it's definitely become a nail biter not knowing. He is hoping to put in for Enlisted Conductor (EC), so all this schooling won't be for naught.
I have been in school for a while now, but I am finding that doing the online thing is more annoying and time consuming than anything. I think I will be taking a break until we get moved next Spring. I am still making earrings, and hopefully Ill get some up for sale on Ebay one of these days. I spend the better part of my days travelling between the girls schools, and attempting to keep up with JJ! Full time jobs!
Kalyn is doing really well in 3rd grade! She had some adjustment time for the first few weeks, but once she got settled in, things fell into place. She got on the Honor Roll this last report card, and she is VERY proud of herself, as we are of her! She is an awesome artist, and is so incredibly smart, especially when she really applies herself.
Kyleigh is loving preschool, and is learning SO much! She can print her name, count to twenty (with a little help), say her ABC's without singing them, and so much more. Her teacher says she is a perfectionist and is very meticulous with her work....that doesn't surprise us in the least! She loves to draw and color, and is still obsessed with Curious George and all things Monkey!
and then....there is...
Jarod. What can I say....well....our little guy is a nudist. He simply adores being naked, especially from the waist down! We cannot keep clothes and diapers on that boy, and we think its partially a sign that he is ready to be potty trained. He is into EVERYTHING, and we cannot let him out of our sight even for one second! But even when hes frustrating the heck out of us, it is hard to stay mad because we remember what all we went through just to get him here, and naked haha. He is still our miracle boy! At his 19mo check up he weighed 30 lbs and measured 35in. He wears mostly 2T and 3T, but is quickly growing out of both! We are hoping to get him in for his ECMO follow ups, but as usual there are protocols and red tape to get through first. But we are definately working through them!
We are so thankful to have such a wonderful family! Everyone is healthy and happy, the children are incredibly intelligent and just all around good kids. We are truly blessed!
I have a special request to those of you that pray:
A family member was diagnosed with breast cancer last week, and I ask that you pray for her health and that she has the strength to get through the long difficult months ahead. Also pray for her immediate family that they have the courage to be there for her, and help her get through this.
Thanks!
Too Good To Go Baked Goods
1 week ago



2 comments:
Your Family is BEAUTIFUL. Tell Jay to get the guns ready... those girls are cute:)! I love the nudist comment... Micah only wears clothes (at 9) because we make him. I'm so happy that you're happy!
I'll be praying for your family member and those that love her.
erica
HEY! I have been so missing Yall! Maybe sometime soon. & I haven't forgot about the big Red things just got tight here is all. Can ya say Merry Christmas? LOL! Luv to ya & big (((HUGS))) for the kiddos!
Post a Comment