Friday, February 26, 2010

Have you ever....

Been in a situation that really weighed you down, and you still wore a smile and pretended like it didn't bother you?

Well, that's what Ive been dealing with over the past couple months....and I finally ended it! It feels like a weight has been lifted, and a new sense of freedom has been found. I cried some, got kinda angry, then hurt, then sad....and now, its ok.

Some friendships aren't meant to be, unfortunately...even if the people in that friendship are the nicest people in the world. I feel like ive built and then burned a lot of bridges since we've been in Japan. I'm not really sad about that, as much as I'm sad that when you make yourself open and vulnerable to people, you really risk getting more hurt than happiness. Wish life wasn't like that!

Times like these really make me appreciate my family- the ones that understand you (even when they don't lol), the ones that stand by you no matter the situation at hand...the ones that you laugh with, and love and its always unconditional.

So, if you are a member of our family, please know that we love you very very very much and miss you just as much. I think this long distance was given to us for a reason, and that is to really reaffirm how much our loved ones really mean to us. :)


S

No comments: