Monday, February 22, 2010

Checking in....

Haven't been on here since September! So much as happened...

As of February 20th, we have been residents of Japan for 8 months. I cant tell whether its gone by really fast, or REALLY slow.. I guess I should be glad we are this far in, which means we are that much closer to going home!

We recently found out that our 3 year tour here in Okinawa, would be cut short this summer/fall, by the needs of the Marine Corps. For once, I am happy to meet their needs! Jay will be heading to Recruiting school in the summer for about 7 weeks, then another school in Virginia for 2 weeks...then we are off to Dallas! Jay will be the MTA (Musical Technical Assistant) for the 8th Marine Recruiting District in Ft Worth. The "official" definition of that job goes something like this : "MTA's are the regional placement directors for the Marine Music Program. Their responsibilities include the screening and auditioning of prospective Marine Musicians, and the placement of those musicians into one of our 12 field bands.." With that said, he will cover the states of AR, CO, KS, LA, NM, OK, TX, looking for prospective USMC Band members. There will be lots of opportunity for him to travel, but I have to say, it will be SO nice to be home with my family to keep me busy when he is a way. We are cautiously optimistic, and the excitement is growing every day!

Ive been keeping myself busy with working out and changing my diet around- Ill be *gasp* 31 next month, and I figured it was high time to get myself back into shape. I cant call it "baby weight" now that my babies are 10, 5.5, and 2.5! Its exciting and fun, especially since my niece and I are food journal buddies. We write down everything we eat during the day, and email it to each other at the end of the day...it helps to keep us honest, and also allows us to take a good look at what we eat, and when we eat it. Its also helped me break some long standing habits, and I feel great!

Kay turned 10 in January, and is growing into a beautiful young lady. Seems like just yesterday I was holding my chubby little baby in my arms! Shes so tall and thin now- a pre teen! :(
Shes doing very well in school- shes been on the honor roll and high honor roll twice this school year! We are SO excited and proud of her and her accomplishments. She played volleyball in the Fall and she took to it really quickly. She keeps us on our toes and ALWAYS busy!

Ky will be 6 in April! She is excelling in Kindergarten, learning to read and write. Its fun to watch her sound words out and see the light come on in her head when she figures out what shes reading. Shes SO smart!
In the summer she enjoyed taking tennis lessons, and she is currently a cheerleader for the local flag football team on base. Once that ends, she will be taking up golf; we dont call her Sporty Spice for nothin'!

Then there's J.J. ..... Ive never known someone that could make me yell and laugh all in the same breath! Hes VERY funny, and he is ALL BOY. His favorite thing is Lightning McQueen from the Cars movie....he sings the songs, wears the shoes and clothes, plays with the toys, etc!
He has FAR exceeded all the things we hoped for him, healthwise...still extremely healthy, right on track with his age as far as learning and speaking...we are thankful EVERY single day that he was given back to us. He will always be our miracle baby.

Thats the end of 09 and beginning of 10 in a nutshell! Lots to come this year, and we are SO READY!

No comments: