We got final word that we are moving to Japan in the summer. It's definately not what we expected to hear, but knowing the military , its not that unexpected. We are still in shock, and not even knowing where to begin planning such a move. We will be gone at least 3 years, maybe less, and with the prices of air fare ($1500 R/T!) Im doubting we wont be doing much travelling stateside. I think that is probably the hardest thing for me to wrap my head around right now- not seeing extended family. Yeah, we dont see everyone that often even now, but at least we know if we have the time and money, we could see them.
Everyone we talk to that has lived there or is living there, claims its one of the most amazing places to be. Like living in Hawaii. Im sure we will love it just as everyone else does- getting there is the biggest hurdle.
Thankfully everyone is doing much better in our house...we are pretty much over the sicknesses for now :knock on wood:, and I hope we stay like this.
Hope you are having a nice week!
Too Good To Go Baked Goods
3 months ago



1 comment:
Wow! I can't believe you are going to Japan! I would like for Andy to be stationed there at least once. Anyhoo, I'm craving a grilling session. If the weather stays the way it has, we should do it soon :)
Post a Comment