Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Why can't I keep up?!

I swear, I almost forget I even have this blog, and that really frustrates me ! But, in my defense, we are SO busy trying to get everything done in order to go to Japan next month. Unfortunately for us, we have to fit the standard 12 months of planning, into 3 months and that isnt easy (or fair, for that matter). I told someone recently that I will NEVER complain about another PCS move within CONUS, because they will be a cinch compared to this.

I hope and pray every day that we will get there and love it just as much as everyone else there does. Maybe once we get past all the medical/dental clearance stuff, the TMO plans, showing the house to prospective renters, getting passports (which has been a ridiculously difficult experience),getting poked in the arm and legs numerous times for blood tests and vaccinations, getting area clearances so we can enter Japan and get into housing (which we cant do until we get our Passports, naturally),figuring out what to do with our dog (who cannot fly with us in June, due to a pet flight embargo which restricts the travel of animals between May and September), just to name a FEW things we have to do. Did I mention the most important and difficult part? Thats where we are away from our families..FAR away... So if you see me complain and not sound thrilled to move to another country, half way around the world, you'll understand.

Anyway! Every one is doing really well around here, in spite of the aforementioned stressors! The kids have loved having family in town to visit with us over the past couple of months, getting to spend time with relatives they dont get to see very often. My sister will be in town this weekend, which will be a lot of fun, I am sure!! We are heading to PA for a couple weeks of leave, and plan to enjoy every single second of that "Vacation"!

I'm off to set an alert to remind me to come post here everyday! LOL

-S

No comments: